A carbon footprint is an impact left by a human or business on the environment by releasing carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. How we treat the environment today plays a part in climate change. If we work together, we can create positive change.
How Be Natural Organics Is Minimizing Our Effect On the Environment:
- We monitor and reduce water usage.
- We use renewable resources.
- We recycle all materials possible.
- Use use and support Fair Trade practices
- We do not test our products on animals or deal with companies that do.
Join Us In Our Fight Against Climate Change
Reducing your carbon footprint is about making simple changes that in time make a positive impact on the earth.
Home Energy and Water Usage
- Turn off lights, water, and electronics when they are not in use.
- Cut back on really long, hot showers.
- Change out your light bulbs for energy saving ones. When you upgrade appliances, be sure that they are Energy Star certified.
- Upgrade to a programmable thermostat so that your unit is not on when no one is home.
- Consider using other forms of energy, such as solar, wind, etc.
- Cut back on flying and driving as much as possible.
- Reduce car trips by grocery shopping only one to two times per month or doing all errands on one day instead of multiple days a week.
- You might walk, bike or carpool when you can, and maintain your vehicle and tires to lower vehicle emissions.
- You might even consider an electric car to maximize your efforts.
- Improve your health while reducing your carbon footprint by cutting or reducing beef and dairy in your diet.
- Eating locally means that the cost of transporting goods is being cut.
- You may even consider growing your own vegetable garden.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
We have heard it for years- “Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.” It still applies today. Besides reducing the previous items discussed, reusing and recycling can help our environment. Below are just a few ideas:
- Instead of buying bottled water, purchase reusable water bottles and a water filtration system.
- Use a notepad app on your phone or tablet instead of writing notes on paper.
- Purchase recycled goods and recycle any items you can.
- Give unwanted items to family, friends or charity if it is still usable.
The ways in which you can do the “3 R’s” are limitless.
Make Your Mark On the Future
We hope you will join us in our journey to improve our world. As it is said, we are merely borrowing the planet from our children and their children. Let’s work together to leave them a healthier planet.