NO Nanoparticle and NO nasty chemicals.
MINERAL The most natural, safe protection. Contains the only two ingredients recognized by the FDA as safe.
- Zinc Oxide- nano-particle free, nontoxic, broad spectrum for UVA and UVB naturally healing, safe for people with melasma or rosacea (flare ups brought on by heat)
- Titanium Dioxide-nano-particle free– nano-particle free, nontoxic, broad spectrum for UVA and UVB, also safe for heat activated skin issues.
Safe for our bodies
- The minerals are absorbed into the skin immediately for protection against the sun and then sit on the skin’s surface and physically prevent UV and UVA rays from penetrating your skin. Helps prevent skin cancer. There are no known side effects.
Safe for our environment
- No known issues to the environment, sustainably mined and recycled.
- No known issues to marine life- fish, coral, reefs.
With this in mind, BNO’s Natural Sunscreen (tinted, Tan,and tint free), has Zinc Oxide and additional natural ingredients to moisturize and nourish while protecting your skin with
- Olive oil- Organic, fights free radicals, moisturizing
- Jojoba Oil- Organic, natural humectant
- Shea Butter- Natural,an emollient, high amounts of vitamin E
Natural oils are safe for our body and the environment
Our body needs the sun’s vitamin D for healthy bones, our immune system, and its mood boosting powers. However, remember to always protect your skin with sunscreen, hydration, and a great moisturizer. BNO has our Organic Sunscreen in tan, nude, and tint free plus a luxurious line of after sun moisturizers.
NANOPARTICLES or Nano’s that are in CHEMICAL sunscreens have the power to cause large amounts of damage to our bodies and our earth.
- Damage to our Bodies-because nanos are so small, they can penetrate deep into your skin and also into your body and lungs via inhalation, posing many threats including possible organ damage. Studies have also revealed the development of cancer, endocrine reproductive disruption and DNA mutation in humans.
- Damage to our Environment-Just as nanos can affect humans it also disrupts our environment. With the super small size of nanos, they can infiltrate and survive in wastewater plants that run into our streams, rivers, and waterways that end up in the soil food is grown in. Our oceans and sea life are also affected by the nano interaction in seawater with UV light as it produces Hydrogen Peroxide, which has been shown to inhibit phytoplankton growth, a vital nutrient for reefs, its inhabitants, and many species of living coral.
CHEMICALS These chemicals are known to cause damage to both our bodies and our environment. The FDA is now calling for more testing on chemical sunscreens and the ingredients not always fully listed by name, specifically the inactive ingredients, preservatives (methylisothiazolinone), and fillers that can also be harmful.
Look on your sunscreen bottle, these chemicals below have dangerous effects
DAMAGE to our Bodies
- Oxybenzone – Hormone disruptor, skin reactions, absorption into breast milk, amniotic fluids, blood and urine
- Avobenzone – Toxic with chlorine, cause skin allergies and is a hormone disruptor
DAMAGE to our Environment
- Oxybenzone- Damage to coral and reef DNA, causes “reef zombies” coral that appears to be living but can now longer reproduce, it has been banned in Hawaii
- Avobenzone- Does damage to reefs and sea life