We all know the importance of sunscreen in the summer but not all realize it’s extremely important in the winter months too. I didn’t until I started investigating for this blog.
Did you know?
- Snow and ice actually intensify and reflect up to 90% of UV rays.
- UV rays and sun damage can cause skin cancer.
- UV rays are responsible for those nasty wrinkles we don’t want, the number is a staggering 90%.
- Even if it’s a cloudy day the sun still comes through.
- Winter sport enthusiasts are at a higher risk, so sunscreen is a must!
- Skiers and snowboarders’ risk of UV damage is increased by 4-5% for every 1000 feet they are above sea level.
- The ozone layer is our UV protector, but is at its thinnest during winter months.
- The blustery wind, cold temps, dryness, windburn and yes sunburn all combine to make your skin more susceptible to damage and premature wrinkling.
- 30 SPF is the recommended number for best coverage applied every 3-4 hours.
BE NATURAL ORGANICS sunscreen is 100% chemical and nano FREE. Our sunscreen is used to fight sun damage, is a foundation and a moisturizer, what more could you ask for? It is the recommended 30 SPF, comes in tan, nude, and no tint and 3 sizes that are perfect to always have on hand. So, this winter bundle up, put on a smile and wear that sunscreen!